What would you do if your kids were gone for THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!?

Just curious. My MIL took my kids for three whole days. I'm partying. First vacation in about two years. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x2startermom

Asked by x2startermom at 6:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would SLEEP!!! LOL I am so not joking.. oh and watch whatever I want on TV, rather than cartoons lol. Congrats on your break! enjoy!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Lol, I have no idea!!!
    Sunday night will be my first night kid free...I will probably end up cleaning the house and sitting around enjoying how it's staying clean. Hahaha!
    Then I will have a bath and go to bed early just because I can.

I really need more of a life...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My dd leaves every July to go spend a month with her father in California and I have a blast. First I clean her room to my specificaitons and then close the door so I don't have to think about it for a month. Then I simply relax. My dh and I get to eat what we want and don't have to hear " I don't like that". We also have a whole month of full-use of the computer and the TV!!! It is time well spent.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 6:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Well if you mean gone like over his Nana's house or something I would be delighted for some free time. The first night (im thinking of a Friday,Saturday,Sunday thing) I would do ALL the homework and studying I have for finals in two weeks. The second night I would call some friends up and make a plan to go out (its been forever since ive done so). The third night I would SLEEP IN, relax, watch a couple movies or shows while not leaving my bed lol, and get ready for him coming back.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Clean the house then run around naked. OK OK. I would clean house then just be plain lazy after that. May stop at the library for a good book.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• This is your relatives or someone close to you took 'em so you could have free-time. Not someone kidnapped 'em. As I know anyone whom has kids and truly loves 'em would FREAK THE HECK OUT!!! I know I would.
    x2startermom

Answer by x2startermom at 7:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have no idea!!! I haven't had an ENTIRE kid free day/night in 8 1/2 years!!!! Now, my hubby on the other hand HAS--sometimes he has to travel for his job, and has probably missed about 6 weeks worth of days away from us since the kids were born!

But, you know what? I really don't miss my "freedom" that was what my 20's and early 30's were for--settling down a little later than most DOES have its advantages--I got all of my partying done then! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• SLEEP!!! Wake up late, watch a movie, take a nap, watch another movie, read a magazine, give yourself an at home spa day. Or real spa day, if you can afford it. If I wasn't pregnant I would go drink one of those nights and add some glasses of wine in with the said activities! Oh congrats so much! No cleaning until the last day. Take your time off!!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My kids are 3 and 9 months so I would so catch up on sleep. And watch some horror movies. I miss watching horror. I would also go get a massage and maybe get my nails done. That would be such a nice vacation
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My daughter goes to her grandparent's house every Friday night. They just picked her up :( I miss her already. We're going to watch movies and I'll probably do some laundry. It's weird, you think you'll enjoy the free time so much.........but you just miss them the whole time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2010