black people walking in the street

I'm a bit confused and hope that someone could be me some insight. In our neighborhood we have a lot of different races of people. And i live on a fairly busy street, and we also have alot of foot traffic. We have great sidewalks. All the side walks over here are 4 ft. wide and well done because of the amount of walkers. But it seems that we always have black people walking in the street, including young kids. I understand joggers jogging in the street, but if your just walking, why not the sidewalks. And why do the white and hispanic people walk on the sidewalks, but the black people don't. It mainly bothers me because there have been several times as i'm driving at night i won't see the, and don't want to hit them. I'm a bit confused and just trying to figure this out. Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• maybe they think they can get a quick check if they get hit by you.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you get out of your car and just ask them? How the hell should we know why they are walking in the street?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• This is not going to end well...
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• LMFAO
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• OP; i'm serious. I'm not trying to start a debate but if there's any walkers, even if your not black and perfer the street to the sidewalk, please tell me why. I walk with my kids all the time but never in the street. It's way to dangerous.
    Anonymous

• maybe they are stuck in the days of segrigation and think they are not allowed on the sidewalks. lol
    Anonymous

• i dont know i hate seeing bikers riding their stupid bikes in the street. I know "share the road" but come on! Go to an effing park or get your ass on the side walk. Nobody wants to drive 10 miles an hour behind you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• should this be in religion and beliefs?
    Anonymous

• ok first off do u really think this was smart to ask? I DONT, u already got smartass answers...
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• OK first this doesn't belong in religion. Second this is a silly question, most kids walk in the street period. Third it is not just blacks maybe in your neighbour hood but all races do it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2010