Just curious...would you call a full time college student whos also a mom a working mom or stay at home mom?

I am a full time college student and was just wondering which classification I would fall into. On one hand I am working my butt off and it causes me to spend time away from my son,but not at a job or for money. On the other hand, I stay home with my son and dont have a job, but I do have to spend a significant time away from him while at class or the library studying. So which group would I fall into? Or have I made a new group: the College Mom group?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I believe that every mom is a working mom, especially when your tackling college at the same time. That is how I see myself as well ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You do not have a job and therefore you are not a a working mom.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• you are a college mommy..aww that sounds really cute actually :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• SAHM because you aren't contributing financially (although you are in many other ways). But this is still just a loose definition because you aren't a sahm if you spend alot of your day outside of your home in class and studying. You might send your kids to daycare just like a working mom would. I like the sound of college mommy. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• All moms work. You are a mom and a college student. Why do you need to label yourself anyway?
    Anonymous

• New group!
    Anonymous

• You're a mother who goes to school...you really don't need a label.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I will join your college mommy group!... and trust me... its a JOB being a full time student and having a child... maybe even TWO jobs, just like "working" moms say about their lives. lol
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I would call you a busy MOM.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I'd say working mom. College is work, but instead of you getting paid, you have to pay them.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010