I just don't know what to do anymore.............

My son won't stop arguing. Won't stop throwing temper tantrums and passing threats to me and my daughter he is my step son. He has been acting out in school. He keeps getting in trouble for not following directions. When his daddy is home he is fine but when he is gone he shows his butt and it's gotten so out of control the past 3 days that I don't know if I can handle this with me being pregnant. He said he was going to kill me and my daughter cause we were ignoring his temper tantrum which made it even worse. He got put in time out for misbehaving so it started from there. I don't know what to do my husband said he is only doing it cause he knows how to make me hurt but I'm not sure anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He obviously needs to see a therapist. He is not old enough to know how to express his feelings so he is acting out physically. I would get him into see a chil therapist right away before this escalates any further. Good Luck.
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Two words behavior therapist or psychological evaluation. Or even better especially if he's older Boot Camp.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Start with the counsellor or principal at school. I think counselling will help, but you are first going to need help to find the right counsellor. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• put him on a plane to russia
    Anonymous

• Do you guys get along? My guess is he feels displaced without his Dad. Have you tried the nice approach yet? Sometimes giving them the attention they crave works. Otherwise, principal or therapist.
    Anonymous