Which would you rather?

Would you rather see someone using foodstamps getting "junk" like Hamburger Helper and other boxed stuff, or see them using them to get fresh, healthier foods? I ask because I am currently on food stamps, and up until recently I would get the not so good food, and have heard people muttering about how "of course someone on food stamps is gonna feed their kid crap". Now we are trying to eat healthier and I heard some one say "must be nice to be able to eat like that on someone else's dime". What do these people want? I feel like I will get trash talked no matter what I try to feed my family. The reasons I am currently on foodstamps is not important, since these people do not know my situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• :( don't let thier words bother you.You can't please everybody so just please yourself and eat what you want and get your family what you want. People who mutter behind peoples back like that are ignorant in my opinion.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Buy the healthy food. It's better for you and your child.
    As for the Food Stamps, I'm assuming yours is on a debit style card (it is in most states). Don't flash your card around. Then no one will ever know it's not another ATM card.
    Don't listen to what people have to say about your food choices or your Food Stamps, it's none of their damned business. They don't know your situation. I would rather see people's children fed with Food Stamps than starved with pride. Tough times can befall anyone.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• people are never going to be happy with anything you do. just do what you feel is right for you. its none of their business anyway.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• There will always be critics...
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Answer by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You will run into foolish people everywhere - just buy what you need for the family and forget about them. (Judging is not right, and one day they will find out :-)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You're right. There are just some people that are never satisfied with anything. They argue for the sake of arguing and they thrive on it. Contrary...that's what they are.
    Anonymous

• I would rather see someone spend the funds on foods that their families will eat and not throw out. I know what my son and I will eat and that is what I buy. I HATE throwing out food. We eat a pretty good mixture of healthy foods and convience foods. I see no one food as being bad. It's all about moderation and combining foods.

Don't worry about what other people say or feel, you do what YOU feel is right for your family. Some people will complain no matter what someone else is done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• if i were you i wouldnt care what ppl say , you feed your kids cookies for dinner if you want or you can feed them a nice healthy dinner they are YOUR stamps and YOUR kids. Nevermind the ppl, they are just nosey , lifeless ppl :)
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• If we recieved food stamps, we'd be eating more healthy stuff, namely fresh fruits & veggies. We qualify based on income (we make like 1/4 of the limit), but DH has an IRA which is an automatic disqualifier, no matter how pathetically little you earn, even if we were starving we couldn't get help unless we cashed the darn thing in. Anyway, I personally would rather see someone using their food stamps to buy good, healthy things - whole grains, fresh fruits & veggies, etc. I cringe when I see anyone, on foodstamps or paying with cash, buying crap like hamb helper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Ain't nobody's business but yours what you eat and/or feed your children. Seriously, who cares? Anyone who makes snarky comments has GOT to get a life of their own.
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 2:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2010