What would you do...

if someone threatened to kill your child?

A guy called my fiance at work threatening to kill him and our daughter today. All because he thinks my fiance is sleeping with his pregnant girlfriend. Mind you, my fiance started this job 3 days ago and doesn't know this girl. When my fiance got home and told me about it I called the number and asked for an explaination and got "I'm coming to kill your whole family". My first reaction was "Ok, I'm ready to kill somebody today so come try and kill my daughter" and obviously I was fuming, ready for it. After reality sank in, I called the police and made a report but told the officer that if he comes, I will do whatever it takes to protect my own whether that results in jail time or not. He told me what I do here on out on my property is justified.
The owner of the company is one of my good friends and confirmed there is no affair and that this guy is crazy and causes problems.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is insane! Can you imagine his poor girlfriend and what she goes through with him? omg.
    Its sad the police couldn't do more. You would think they would go to this guys house and follow up with your report. He has made a verbal threat of death to you and your family...they can't go arrest him for that?
    Keep your eyes and ears open, that guy sounds like a nut case and then some. Hope he was just running his mouth and nothing comes of it. Stay safe.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Honestly, normal people don't say those things. That is a HUGE red flag and you should all be really careful. In fact, get a restraining order and you know the rule; if you shoot someone in your home, you shoot to kill in defense. I don't like it. Not at all. Be very vigilant.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure why my question posted anon but i'm the poster. the police called the guy up and talked to him and gave me the phone to listen to an apology. that apology means nothing to me when you threatened my 6 month old daughter. i'll be following up with the police department tomorrow about a restraining order.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010