Does you job make you a better person?

I was in a training class at work this week and something hit me. I have worked with my company for 11+ years and I have attended numerous training classes on dealing with coworker/employees/customer and I realized a lot of the skills I've learned at work I have applied to my life and they have been very effective in my relationships! Anyone else find working helps them in life?

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• All of my training as a counselor has definitely made me a better person. I think in the biggest way is that I am now able to see how fortunate my life has been compared to those I have counseled over the years. A coworker and I just had this conversation. I told her I have never known what it is to be hungry, homeless, hopeless or unloved. Many people cannot say they have been so lucky in life.

FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I am a firefighter and emergency respons trainer, so I would say YES. I LOVE helping people.

I also have two internet businesses and I help people start their own business and build financial independence for them and their families.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2010