if jesus is not the son of god

i am kind of branching off another question posted----i, myself question where i belong in the whole spirituality stuff---i am a believer---but question what i believe per se anymore---i see myself in several different religious sects-----i am stuck on the idea of the son of god---i have heard people say that jesus isn't the son of god---can someone explain more---who was he then---i was always taught he was to son of god---or is there a link i can read more about that----i want to understand and find where i fit in. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This isn't really a question you should only rely on other people to answer. Everyone has their own beliefs. You can talk to others about why they believe one way of the other but in the end this is a soul searching question for yourself. The best place to start is in books, books really allow you to form your own opinion if you read many different sources. The Resurrection or the Son of God is a good book to start with,  It gives historical data supporting the resurrection story. This is only one book, find others that give different answers and opinions and decide for yourself.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• A cool dude preaching love, acceptance and peace within oneself. Much like Buddah and Ghandi and other such reputable folks. Overall just a man with some pretty cool ideas that changed the way people in his day thought
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think JEsus the human being was a great man who reached a certain level of inner peace and tranquility. I believe this inner peace was the inner light and love he talked about and told people about. I believe his ability to truly live this peace is what touched people so much by him.
    I also believe this level of spirituality within him threatened others bc so many people began listening to him. People in power don't like it when there is a voice being heard amongst the people.
    He was love and light and peace and tolerance. He lived it, breathed it, spoke it....he was it.
    I believe OTHERS put it upon him to be a "God". THat way they could be forgiven of their trespasses against their fellow human being known as Jesus.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• He was awesome. He IS awesome still. He was not ordinary. The bible prophesiesed his birth. He performed miracles, healed people, and ressurrected people from the dead. This is part of the reason that the pharosies wanted him dead, accusing him, eye witness, it is true. His ability to resurrect people gives us hope for the future and that one day we will be reuinited with our loved ones that have passed.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Historically he was a very nice man promoting peace and love. Though I believe him to be the son of god it can not be proven.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Biblically, Jesus is the son of god. However, many believe that he is a PART of God. Like a different personality... This belief comes from the belief in the triple God head which predates Christianity by a thousand years or so...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• "A cool dude preaching love, acceptance and peace within oneself. Much like Buddah and Ghandi and other such reputable folks. Overall just a man with some pretty cool ideas that changed the way people in his day thought"

This.

monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• In a literal sense I don't believe Jesus was the son of God, no more than I am the daughter of Gaia; in a literal sense. I think Jesus was either a rebel Rabbi or a lay preacher. I don't find him to be a prophet, nor do I find anyone to be a prophet. I find him to be a man, with failings, failures, emotions, an imperfect being. I don't see anything attributed to him in the bible to be remarkable in the spirit.

Metaphorically, he can claim to be the son of God because he was trying his best to follow the God that he worships as if he was his own father. In some ways, to be declared the son of a God means that he is the embodiment of the deity that he is following and acknowledgement of that devotion.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Christ Jesus is God. He was pre existence Read John 3:13.His work as creator John 1:3 Colossioans 1:16 Hebrews 1:2. He claimed equality of nature with God John 10:30. He claimed equal glory with the Father before the world began. His attributes of fully deity Colossians 2:9. Attributes of eternality John 8:58. Christ is God John 1:1. May God give you the spirit of understanding!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 9:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Eternality/ John 17:5. Omniprensence/Matthew 18:20. Omniscience/Luke 11:17. Omnipotence/Mark 5:11-15. He proforms works only God could do - Forgiveness Mark 2:1-12. Life John 5:12. Resurrection John 11:43. Judgement John 5:22,27
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 9:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2010