How do YOU make enchiladas?

I'm not asking for a recipe. I'm asking how YOU and your family make the food you call enchiladas. We make white rice and combine it with salsa and shredded chicken in tortillas. I call it an American bastardized version. So how about you? Do you try and go authentic or do you mix it up a bit?

KristiS11384

Asked by KristiS11384 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Kristi, how on earth did you end of with crazy, hysterical drama on a post about enchiladas? Srsly, wow.

I'm impressed, dude.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• we get enchilada sauce from the store, but twist it up a little bit and thin it out and add our own spicy twists. we basically do cheese olives and onions all chopped up together and roll those in corn tortillas with the sauce. we do onion and non onion ones and that's pretty much it. they're a hit with everyone!
    But I love making recipies my own.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I go a little more authentic. My mom likes to use cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese for the sauce.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yeah, we try to go more authentic with it. We especially go authentic with Mexican/Spanish food, but with other types of food we do mix it up and make it our own or try a different recipe.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Mine aren't really authentic, but we use flour tortillas, cheese, olives and DICED (not shredded) chicken breast. I roll that up, put it in a pan, pour the sauce on and voila! Mmm they're sooo amazing too. I top them with sour cream or non-fat plain yogurt. So tasty!
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• In my opinion, this is what Taco Bell is for, Kristi. :O)

But, then again, I personally won't eat them because by the time I take off everything I wont eat that's touching the the stuff I will eat (or would if that stuff wasn't touching it!) it's a soft taco, no cheese. Again, Taco Bell. Ten minute hike up the road, everyone gets it their way. Yay!

Crap. Now I wish I had stopped there on my home earlier. I walked right past it.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I make them with tortilla wraps, ground beef, rice, taco seasoning, refried beans, rolled up, pour sauce mixture of salsa and cream of mushroon soup over them and sprinkle with sharp cheese.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I'm thinking I might need to ask for actual recipes from you ladies. It all sounds so delicious.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I use corn tortillas and usually chicken with onions, bell peppers, 4diff kinds cheese, enchila sauce on top with a lilttle cheese on top after baking them.. I eat with with taco sause, sour creme.
    Anonymous

• Ground beef, homemade enchilada sauce, cheese and soft tortillas in the oven. We top them with black olives and sour cream.
    Anonymous