How do you feel about this statement?

"Freedom & Equality can NEVER Coexist"

I just found this on another site... it kinda made me sick!

How do you think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think its bull crap
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Thats utter bullshit.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It can exist if people will just allow it. I'm that is all on part of people unwilling to except those who are different from them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I don't like it. Is there some truth to it, I'd be lying if I said no. : (
    Anonymous

• there will always be someone with a higher power and authority over you...so no, freedom will never exist and you will never be equal to that person
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Well, it depends on what type of equality the the speaker is referring to... I agree that in order to maintain our freedom, there are going to be inequalities. We can't simply make it law that every person is to have the same amount of wealth, the same higher education, the same characteristics, social status etc. The only law that should be enstated is that every person must be allowed the OPPORTUNITY to obatin the above mentioned. And I'm grateful to say that in America, we are afforded the freedom to overcome any inequality and live a free life. Now if the speaker is stating that freedom can only exist at the cost of human rights, then I would agree that this person is an ignorant ass.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• To me it is a branch of the same tree!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Wait a sec, folks...think about this logically not with the knee jerk emotional reactions that I'm reading. Freedom if taken to extremes can not coexist with equality when taken to extremes. It is at that point those two ideals conflict so there is truth to the statement. It might not be what that site was trying to say but there is some truth and therefore some value in examining this further.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• isabellalecour:Wait a sec, folks...think about this logically not with the knee jerk emotional reactions that I'm reading. Freedom if taken to extremes can not coexist with equality when taken to extremes. It is at that point those two ideals conflict so there is truth to the statement. It might not be what that site was trying to say but there is some truth and therefore some value in examining this further.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I love your logic!!!! this is my belief where our "God Given Free Will" comes in, it is relative to His Laws, and Beeky said it so well, "Your free will ends where mine begins"
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Bollocks!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010