is he or isn’t he ready for potty training

my son will me 2 in June, and we have been working on potty training since he was 18 months there for a while he was doing good going pee pee when I put him in the pot trying to when he needed to. Then we moved for my husband work. Now he won’t go at all he pees his pants and will stay in them and play like he don’t know he did it or he will take off his diaper after he goes or he will just stand there and pee on the floor and go on with what he doing. I’ve tried to give him candy for going in the pot we tried dance and letting him flush the toilet he goes with me and my husband every chance we get but still he seems to not care. He wants to go with you but has no care of it for himself. I’ve gone so far as to make him sit there with me for hours and he still won’t go but the second he gets off or you get a diaper on him he goes. What should I do?

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 8:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he isn't ready! I would wait, and in the future I would try of thinking of rewards other than candy that he would be interested in. Maybe taking him to the store to pick out cool new big boy underwear. But that's just me.
    6IrishKiddos

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 11:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Little kids forget and your son is pretty darn young. I'd just wait and try again when he shows some interest again.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes changes, like your move, cause regression. Its probably best to wait a few months so you are not stressing the both of you out trying to push it now. Seriously, when it clicks, it clicks.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• try rewarding him tell him if he goes potty like a big boy like he has been doing before, that he'll get a reward , you can put up a chart on your fridge and everythime he does good you put a star on that block. and at the end of that week , give him a sticker of a charater that he really likes.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2010