period after baby???

so hubbey an i been having issues with condoms breaking an all so the 7th of march it broke an then the 15th it broke ......soo.... question is i had my son on feb 12 2010 had all that normal bleeding after having him but now its 2 months later n i have no period so i took a pregnancy test at my ob on the 18th of march an it was negative sooo am i not pregnant an my period is coming but its late or was it tooo early to read i was pregnant an it did not show up sooo im confused i tried checkn with my hands in the back my cervixs feels high an hard but i dunno lol sooo any input would be nice by the way its my 3rd usually a month later i would get a period maybe sumthn to do with my c section no idea!!???

ohmama213

Asked by ohmama213 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you breastfeeding? If you are sometimes you won't get a period until you stop breastfeeding. If not, then it can still take a little bit for your periods to become regular again. You have been to your OBGYN already, so if heisn't concerned then I am sure it is nothing. Was it a blood test? If so then chances are you aren't pregnant. Now if it was a regular pee test, then there is a chance you could be pregnant. I know I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks along. I kept taking tests up until then and I kept getting negatives. Good luck. Hth.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You could be pregant but then again thats normal not to have your period for 2 months after giving birth and if your breastfeeding it can be even longer! Ive heard of woman not having a period the entire time they were breastfeeding. And if you arent breastfeeding why dont you get a better method of birth control then using condoms?
    Anonymous

• I was always told you are not supposed to get your period within the first three months after giving birth. If you do, then you need to be checked. Since it hasn't been three months yet you should be fine. Mabe your OB can give you low dose birth control pills or something if you're worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• i had a baby in dec, i had csec. im haveing simalar problems. didnt get it for 2months! then got it fine, went on birthcontrol and now im 4days late and tests say Neg. my doc says it will take up to a yr to be regular
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 2:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2010