I am probably around 9 weeks pregnant. When did you first see your doctor? My 1st pregnacy I saw my doctors at 8 weeks. My doctor here is saying 10-11 weeks?

I was looking at a chart and it says my babies fingers and other joints are developing or my even be developed. I am not taking any vitamins at all yet so Its kinda freakin me out! lol Anyway just wondering when you saw your doctor?

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well i would go see the doctor as soon as you find out your pregnant. its only best to get started on prenatal vitamins, and make sure your not having an ectopic pregnancy
    milff

Answer by milff at 8:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• oh and you can go to any walgreens, rite aid, pharmacy and get womens one aday prenatal vitamins.
    milff

Answer by milff at 8:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I did not see my dr until about 12 weeks with both of my pregnancies. But they called in a vitamin prescription for me when I first called to make an appt-so I was on vitamins from about 4 weeks or so.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I was 19 weeks and 3 days...lol I didn't know. I got vitamins then and started in seeing the doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i was about 5 weeks what i had my first appt.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You can get prenatals pretty much anywhere... walmart, safeway, albertsons, walgreens, rite aid, fred myers. You dont need a prescription. Thats wierd your doctor is making you wait until 10-11 weeks. Normally doctors will see you as soon as you find out your pregnant.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It was 8 weeks for mine too. My doctor always told me 8-10 weeks was when she wanted to see me. If you don't want to buy the OTC vitamins, call your doctors office and ask them to call in a prescription of prenatals for you. They should have no problem doing that. Congratulations and good luck! L)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• 5 weeks
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have my first doctors appointment next week and I'll be close to 10 weeks. I called the day I missed my period and got 3 positive HPT and the nurse told me to start taking prenatal vitamins (I had already met with my doc months before and she told me to start taking them while we were trying so I had already been taking them for a few months) and that they would see me between 10-12 weeks. They did the same with my first pregnancy. A lot of doctors wait until the first trimester is over if you don't have a history or you are not at risk for miscarriage because a lot of times before about 8 weeks they can't really see or hear a whole lot and that tends to freak new moms out! Good luck! go buy some over-the-counter prenatal vitamins and you'll be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2010