When (or if) you drink soda (like pepsi,coke...whatever) does it make you more thirsty in the long run or what?

Okay, we all know the crap is bad for ya and its crap but its good crap and sometimes I want to drink it,lol.
So, today I decided to open a can of cherry pepsi and then I had a can of pepsi then another can of cherry pepsi..LMAO...omg, I know...but never ONCE was my thirst quenched! I think its a conspiracy and soda pop makes you thirstier so you have to drink more..thus making the soda pop companies more money! lol.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeeesssssss! So glad other people have noticed this :-)
    It's all the sugar, I think...
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Probably the sugar..after I think about it lemonaide does that to me too..and there is a ton of sugar in that,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Sugary beverages WON'T quench your thirst. In fact, they are loaded with sodium to make you thirstier.
    Anonymous

• yess - the sugar will not quinch your thirst - which is why it's so bad or you.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i was a lifeguard in the waterpark of an amusement park which gives unlimited free soda and water...i cannot count the number of times i had to treat someone for dehydration because they drank the soda all day instead of the water
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• yeah same with me which is why i drink water when im thristy and pop when i just want something enjoy
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. I drink water or unsweet iced tea when thirsty and soda just to have the caffiene or something to drink. Summer is coming up and I will be drinking LOTS of water and iced tea.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010