my neighbor wants me to replace something my daughter broke 3 weeks ago after she said that she didn't care not to worry about it. What to do?

my 5 and 2 year old was in the back yard playing with her daughter and I guess my 2 year old broke her grill well when she told me she said it was no big deal. I told her I would replace it she said I didn't have to that it was no big deal. This happened 3 weeks ago well when it happened even though it was an accident I still disiplined my DD for braking someone elses stuff. Everything was fine, but now that her and I are having a dispute about something else she is now telling me that I need to replace the grill by tomorrow. I told her that she said not to worry about it, but she said because my DD broke something of someone elses it is the parents job to replace it. But she said not to worry about it. So what do I do?? Even though this was 3 weeks ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Okay I just read what you wrote about her borrowing your laptop charger and not returning it. I wouldn't buy her a thing until she returns my charger.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You are probably going to have to just replace it and I would have nothing else to do with her.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• What kind of grill did she have and how old was it? If it was older, I would just get her a cheap grill from walmart or find one off of craigslist...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Replace it, She might morally be in the wrong, but legally she's in the right....
    Do the right thing no matter how much you dislike the person.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I'd replace it...it will give you the moral upper-hand anyway....and make her look petty. By not replacing it you look irresponsible when push comes to shove, even if she denied your first offer.

Anonymous

• SONIAM301

It was a small charkle (however it is spelled) grill one that is on the ground those little ones and not sure how old it was they had it when they moved in 2 summers ago. She says she wants me to buy her a new one. And I told her that I didn't have the money this week cause our house payment is due and our dog needs to go to the vet tomorrow and groceries thats all our money and she still wants it this week she told me i better find a way to get it by tomorrow
    Anonymous

• Don't get caught in a scuff with her on it - Just tell her, No, you won't pay for it, she said that it was no big deal, then tell her that's the last time you will speak of it. Let her file a case in small claims court (but don't give her the idea), then duke it out there. It will cost her to file so it's a gamble that she won't do it! But for now sit down and document EVERYTHING you can remember from then to now and keep a log of anything else she says about it. If she does file then you can counter for harassment. (OK, watched to much Judge Judy) But seriously that is what the court system is there for.

Anonymous

• ok ladies maybe I should refrace the queation I understand I should replace it, but I don't have the money this week to do it or next week since i owe my grandma money i have been putting off so i have to give it to her and we have a water bill due i would replace it in 3 weeks and i told her if she wants it that bad i would in 3 weeks, but explained why i can't do it tomorrow and she said she didn't care
    Anonymous

• If it was so cheaply made that a 2 yr old broke it then it wasn't that great to begin with. I would NOT replace it since she said not to. Let her sue you. She'll lose since she told you to not buy a new one in the first place.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• ANON 9:27

LMAO lol
    Anonymous