ANother question about my GD... please help?

I just need ti know when i should call a doc about my suger levels. Fasting levels are normally between 94-115. But after i eat what my stupid diet says it can jump all the way up to 170 or higher. How high is to high that i should panic over? They never drop low at all. No meds yet. I feel ok even when they get super high like that and start to feel crapy as soon as they start dropping back to normal... I dont get it. Iv tryed googling alot of this but i cant find exactly what im looking for... So i turn to my ladies here. Help!?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 9:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call them Monday. Your fasting should be below 95, always. It's okay for it to jump right after you eat, but after 1 hour it should be below 140 and after 2 hours it should be below 120. You feel crappy when they start to drop because it's likely they are dropping too fast. Did you meet with a nutritionist? Mine had me email her my numbers each week for the first 2 weeks until we knew things were fairly stable.

Answer by missanc at 9:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have a normal apointment monday anyways. And does my feet, legs, hands and face swelling have anything to do with gd or is it just another "normal" thing? The swelling never goes away :,(
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• The CDE (certified diabetes educator) or nutritionist you are working with is who you should call. If your doctor did not refer you to a CDE or or nutritionist or dietician, you need to have this happen right away.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010