Is it bad to work out twice a day?

Like 45 min of cardio during the day and 35 minutes of pilates at night? I also do free weights every other day for my upper body.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• hell no its not bad. i used to work out 3-4 times a day and i lost 65 pounds in 4 months. then there was a time in my life, when at my skinniest i used to go to the gym and work out for 5 hours straight, no joke. i felt amazing. then i had my son. now im fat. can never get to the gym. but i walk in the day when its nice out & i do my biggest loser cardio max dvd at night, or sometimes i switch it around.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• wish I had the motivation to do it once! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• If you are just starting out I think you have to take it slow but if you have been doing it for awhile go for it more power to you I too wish I had the motivation :/
    Where and what motivated you? GL Keep up the good work ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I started really working out hard about 2 months ago trying to get my prebaby body back and I have been seeing major results. I have lost 12lbs in 2 months. Now I want my six pack back and I'm not too far off. Last summer, I was embarrassed to wear a bathing suit and I promised myself that that wouldn't happen again this summer. That's part of my motivation..........but seeing the numbers dropping off the scales and seeing my body start to look sculpted again has done WONDERS for my motivation. I only want to lose about 7 more pounds, but I want to tone tone tone!!!!

I'm the OP by the way, I didn't realize I had clicked anonymous, but with this stinking oversensitive mouse pad the damn cursor jumps all over the place (GGRRRR).
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Not at all. I usually work out twice a day myself. I use Turbo Jam workout videos and a threadmill. I like the video because it has several different workouts, so I'm not doing the same thing all the time.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• before kids, i used to do two work outs a day! those were the days!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Cool. Thanks everyone. I was just concerned because everyone says "You need a rest day etc." But I hardly ever take one, because I don't feel that I need it. I only do weights everything other day...so I do let those muscles rest.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• no it is not bad! i do my 45 mins of Yoga in the morning and then 1 1/2 hour of cardio
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010