What do you think of the IRS?

Do you agree with this?
http://www.freedomandprosperity.org/econ101/tax-compliance/tax-compliance.shtml

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Economics 101:The Onerous Compliance Cost of the Internal Revenue Code

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I just saw her on Sean Hannity! Very good video, explains things quite clearly. IMO the IRS is a blood-sucking leech.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Amen! I am for the fair tax .I believe everyone should pay the same amount of tax and we don't need all the CRAP in the tax code.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• One thing I have trouble understanding. Everyone earns money somehow. How is it justifiable to say that for some, paying a tax on that income is a burden, so they don't owe any income tax? To me, that says that ALL the income tax is a burden, but it is too big of a burden for some. I know, I'm beating a dead horse here, but it really bothers me that the gov't says that some of us don't have to pay anything, and then others pay out the nose. And then on top of that, those that do pay end up seeing more and more people taking from the gov't, owing nothing, paying nothing, taking more. We don't bring in a lot of money, but it is still money that we earned, and now I feel like the gov't is telling me that I'm not good enough somehow. Why is my share not wanted?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's sad but I would love a easier tax system. We should do away with income tax and just do a sales tax. Even property taxes are not a need. if people kept their money and could decide what schools they wanted that would help as well.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010