What's more important to you?

What's more important to you in a relationship: security (being with someone constantly, having that stability of a committed relationship/marriage, etc.) OR love (feeling like you really do mean the world and more to someone, that someone having your back no matter what, etc.)?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I disagree. Love and commitment are both choices. The chemical reaction of love is called infatuation... something that comes and goes. Unconditional love is something you choose to do, its not just a feeling but its a verb, an action. With the action comes the feelings.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• both
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think the love...but I have a marriage a security. I don't even know if you can have both. It seems that if a man works hard to keep the bread on the table...then he is less of a lovey dovey...but if he just goes with what life give him, then he is more loveing.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Love. Knowing that he loves me as much as I love him is one of the best feelings in the world.

Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 9:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think they both go hand in hand. If someone loves you they are faithful :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• what's important to me is having my husband there for me when I need him the most on his days off from work he spends his time with his friend and me I'm trying to make friends with out my husband judging me about who I choose to be friends with
    lolipop178689

Answer by lolipop178689 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Don't they go hand in hand?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• OP here. Let me rephrase a little. Security as in knowing that someone is tied to you/bound to you, provides for you, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think your definition of "love" is the same as security.
    Anonymous

• If you have real Love, you also have the security you need...and you have what you need to get thru the tough times that might come financially.(spelling?)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2010