Why is everyone so hateful?

I've been reading all this crap about I'm christian, I'm wiccin. Well I guess I'm a christian wiccin! My granny has practice since she was twenty years...but my mom is against it. I live on the line, I understand each side....why can't ya'll? There is alot of things that are the same, and there are alot of things that are different. I don't believe in the God and Goddess....I think God is whatever you call him. Each side has love, love for the earth and for animals, and both can be peaceful. Wiccins are more about the earth...but God gave us the earth and the plants that heal us. Some people use man made pills, and others use herbs that have healing powers. I make my own medicine for my kids. Just love each other...cause I know that God loves me even if I don't fallow the "right path" all the time. The world is ours, and God is the trees and rocks that we stand on. I'm sure he doesn't like closed mindedness.

GotToHaveFaith

Asked by GotToHaveFaith at 9:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, I so spelled wiccan wrong through the whole thing lol
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I know what your saying, bit a lot of people can't respect what they believe is wrong.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's a spiritual battle "For we do not struggle against flesh and blood but against principalities"

Anonymous

• This world is full of darkness and evil spirits that confuse and bring divsion. You have to really pray and really seek God with all your heart that He may bring clarity, peace and LOVE above all to you. Seek Him with ALL your heart and you will find him!
    Anonymous

• My mother believes similar to you. She believes in the Bibical version of God and in his Angels for Guidance and she is a practicing Witch. Not Wiccan, but a Witch...
    I see no reason why a person can take the parts of whatever religion they believe in and put it together to FIT them.... It is what fits YOU spiritually ...
    Good Luck with your spiritual journey...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I like what you're saying. I'm not Christo-Pagan (being Christian and some branch of Pagan, like Christian Wicca), but I agree with what you're saying about people needing to just get along and stuff. I'm Pagan and it bugs me so bad sometimes to see people on here at each other's throats over religion. Does it really matter if beliefs differ? IT's probably unlikely to convert someone by cramming ideas down their throat or talking down about them and their beliefs, so why not just get along and agree to disagree?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Hot mama86...I don't believe anyone of us is wrong. Who is anyone to say that what you believe or what they believe is right. Both sides use thier faith with good intent...the only ones that I think are wrong are the ones that kill animals and things for thier rituals. Nothing good comes from that, those are just satanist. I think that people get that mixed up with wicca. They think wiccans run around trying to hurt people with thier spells, but from what I know, it is all done for good. Some call on God, and some would rather try to use thier own energy to make things work for them. If you can do it yourself, then why ask for help. I ask God for help all the time...but I know that if I "think" hard enough about something...I can change it.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Come on now, what's wrong with the Satanist? and animal sacrifices? I was with you until you started excluding religions and religious practices. You may be on the fence with Christianity and Wicca but your mind isn't completely open either.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• gmasboy I always talk with my granny about that cause I believe that every religion is right and wrong, none are perfect. But if you don't mind me asking....what's the difference of being a wiccan and a witch? I always thought that if you were a wiccan, that you were a witch.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• ...the only ones that I think are wrong are the ones that kill animals and things for thier rituals. Nothing good comes from that, those are just satanist

For the record, Satanists do not perform animal sacrifices or rituals. In fact it is highly spoken against.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2010