can't get my baby to go to sleep :(

so, I recently went out of a town to train for a new job, during this time my sons father had him for a weekend, when I got back he got excited to tell me the "trick" he discovered to put him to bed. He says to me "I couldn't get him to sleep, so I gave him chocolate formula bottles to get him to bed, it worked like a charm!"
well, first of all, our son is 7 months old, he doesn't need chocolate milk, I understand that fathers, especially ones that live out of the home make mistakes, so I didn't yell at him like I normally would have. Anyway, after about 5 days with him being with his dad, drinking chocolate milk bottles for BEDTIME, I can't get him to go to sleep, be it a nap, or bedtime with a regular bottle anymore.
any ideas to get him back to REGULAR formula bottles. I haven' been giving them to him, but he has been crying himself to sleep, relentlessly for about an hour a night before he passes out. Any ideas ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL...omg..CHOCOLATE formula bottles? lol. Men.
    Don't feel bad, anytime I have my back turned my so is giving our 14 month old a cookie or a donut or a drink of ice tea or soda.Thats been going on since she was about 7-8 months.
    Anyway, hang in there...I know its tough but he probably just has to get back to his normal routine with you. May take a while.
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• how much chocolate was he puttin in there? some wont agree but maybe if you put just a little in each time then wean him off the chocolate.... and make sure daddy knows thats a big no no
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Funny. Men are so irritating with their non-nurturing ways! Old faithful always works - get in the car, blast, and I mean BLAST the heat...and drive! You'll only have to be gone for 5 - 10 minutes! Good luck!
    ChelleChelle3n5

Answer by ChelleChelle3n5 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010