What are all the different antidepressants you've been on and which one has worked best for you?

I've been on Zoloft,Lexapro,Cymbalta and back to Zoloft again.
Back to Zoloft because that what you can take safely while pregnant.
But I think the Cymbalta really worked well for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Health

• Prozac was my first and it worked fine but after 2 yrs of the sexual side effects I asked to try something different. I was on lexapro for a short time but gained weight and it didn't really work. I have been on wellbutrin XL for years now and it works for me.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Zoloft, Prozac. The first time I was on Zoloft, it made me almost more depressed. Prozac gave some really crazy side effects. Went on Zoloft again a couple of years ago on a lower dose than before and it worked very well for a while.
    Anonymous

• Prozac, Paxil and now am trying Cymbalta. Prozac worked well for a while. Paxil was awful and made me more despondent. I'm having trouble with Cymbalta side effects but may keep trying.
    Anonymous

• Paxil was the first and only thing my doc tried me on, and it worked fine, so we stuck with that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• anon :04~Yes...with Cymbalta I had side effects for quite awhile. But then it smoothed out. Be careful if you ever decide to stop taking it though, talk to your doctor and try not to do it cold turkey if you can avoid it. I had to because I was pregnant...and the side effects were no fun. It was like a withdrawl. I was shaky and felt anxious and on edge, it was no good.
    Anonymous

• I take Celexa. It's the first thing we tried, and it is helping. It does not have as many side effects as some of the others.
    Anonymous

• Zoloft,Celexa did not work. Wellbutrin SR is what i take now and it works wonders :)
    Anonymous

• Therapy.

Taking an antidepressant without therapy is like taking pain pills for a broken leg without a cast.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2010