I need help, support or something BADLY.

I won't even go anon about this even though it's hard to talk about..
When I had my DD 6 months ago I was flooded with feelings and thoughts that something bad was going to happen to me and I'd leave her motherless. Everytime I'd leave her with my mom, I'd leave my debit card with her just in case and made sure a decent amount of money was in the bank so that if anything happened to me, she's have diapers, wipes, formula (she's BF) and whatever else she needed. I also had feelings and thoughts that somebody was going to kill her and I had to do everything perfect so that I could protect her from that. I never really opened up about it to anybody until this week when I fessed up to my DDs pedi. She urges me to be seen by somebody for PPD but I didn't know if what I was feeling and thinking would be considered PPD.
I thought I had all this under control on my own finally until today. CONT.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A man called my fiance at work and threatened to kill him and my daughter today. He told me he was going to come kill my whole family. I called the police and made a report and what not. Obviously, every feeling and thought I had is back. The flooding of emotions is almost 10x worse than in the beginning and I feel like I’m going to lose it.
    I honestly don’t know what my question is. Maybe I’m just looking for some words that will help me make it easier for me to make it threw the night feeling this way.
    Thank you to anybody who takes the time to read this and answer. I’m sure it is going to be greatly appreciated=[
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It sounds more paranoid than PPD. I'm not trying to be mean, but it sounds like your paranoid about things happening to your daughter, and usually from what I understand, PPD is your inability to connect to your child and to perform or lack of wanting to preform daily functions to take care and nurture your child. PPD is also about thinking your life is horrible etc...
    I would definitely go to a psychiatrist and/or psychologist to find out what's going on because it is a certain level of anxiety you are feeling.
    I can imagine that it made it worse when someone threatened to do exactly what you had feared, but you did the right thing in reporting him. I would also get a restraining order. Make sure your personal/priavate information is not available to this guy who said such a horrible thing.

*huge hugs* I hope this helped.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Fucking shit what?! This stuff just blew my mind.
    Anonymous

• I agree with sandypops. I don't think its PPD. I do think you need to talk to someone about it though regardless. Do you know the man who threatened to kill your family? Being worried about this is completely legitimate.
    Anonymous

• :( I'm sorry and I know how you feel. I was soooo scared with my first child. I had a pretty bad birth experience where my son wasn't breathing and then I had to go to the OR and didn't get to see him for 16 hours... it was pretty traumatic for me actually. I always had the fear of him drowning and even had some dreams where he did drown. It was terrifying, but I always told myself it was just a dream. To be honest, some things are out of our control, while others are in our control. I am pregnant with my third now and still i worry most about my first cjhild. I think because everything is sooo new with him. But for me I always go to God for my worries and it really helps me. I don't know what there is in the future for us, but I kniow that whatever challenges we face that God will give me strength to overcome them. If you don't mind I would like to keep you in my prayers?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• No, I don't know him. He said it because he thought my fiance was sleeping with his pregnant girlfriend.
    I didn't think it was PPD either, hence why I haven't seen anybody about it. Thank you for the advice.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have three kids and always think about what if someone brakes in and kills me, or what if the house catches fire...would I be able to get them all down the ladder safely. I think it's just a mother thing, sure not everyone is that way....but some of us can't help it. It will be less as she gets older, you'll still have the what ifs, but you will feel more incontrol through the years, but a mothers love is a mothers love. We live to protect or family. As long as you don't start bording up the house, it should be fine. But if you feel you need help, then get some...no one knows what you need but you.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Precious333, I don't mind at all. Thank you so much!<3
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think you need to get some professional help. You can not live your life with these thoughts. It is not healthy for you. Good Luck and I hope you find something that works for you!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Go see a doc. PPD can be defined by a varity of different emotiuons. People just think depression, but it can also be anxitey, paranoia (I can't spell, sorry)..... lots of different symptoms. Mine was constantly having nightmares about my children getting hurt. It got to the point were I was terrified to even sleep. Antidepressants helped, but so did talking about it.
    Anonymous