at what age can you safely introduce milk ?

my baby is 4 months old and weighs 16lbs hes eating 8oz of forumla evey hour and a half and a full jar of baby food at night and still seems to be hungary.

brittanyewheat

Asked by brittanyewheat at 10:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 12 months....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I didn't introduce Whole Milk to Noah until he was 14 months old. They say anywhere from 9 to 12 months but I think that's bull. I say anything AFTER 12 months is ok.
    tiptopgurl88

Answer by tiptopgurl88 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I gave it to my kids here and there in a sippy cup once they hit 11 months. That way it was familiar when we got rid of the formula/bottles at 12 months and was an easy switch.
    Anonymous

• Oh and BTW never ever EVER intoduce milk at that age. that is STUPID milk will not fill your baby up any more than formula would. If you are concerned, go see your doctor. And if you saying "my baby still seems hungry" because he/she won't sleep through the night, it's not because they're hungry, it's because they're NOT READY to sleep through the night!
    tiptopgurl88

Answer by tiptopgurl88 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I meant 4 months lol Introducing milk then is STUPID
    tiptopgurl88

• At 4 months old and eating all that....she might have an upset belly because she is so full. That is alot of formula plus already eating a jarful at 4 months...way too soon.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I call troll, she just made her profile a minute ago.
    Anonymous

• If you are being truthful and at 4 months old, he is downing 8oz every one and a half hours and a full jar of food., he sure ain't hungry - he is stuffed so full it's like he's been to Sizzlers every night , and we all know how that feels when you finally roll into bed!

Ease up on the feeding, it's not about you getting sleep here, its about allowing his body to learn to digest foods - you are overfeeding to a cruel point - read the can of fornula it does not recommend 8oz every 1 & half hours - just because he is crying doesn't mean he's hungry, Give him cooled boiled water if he is still fussy - not food or formula

myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food and should not be introduced before age 1. Milk is not a necessary food for humans.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• i didn't metion his sleeping habits he sleeps just fine he genrally wakes up once to twice a night all i was asking was when i could start him on milk i started my lil girl at 6 months and shes fine but i was trying to figure out wether to up his soilds in take or start on milk or what i don't appreciate being said that my question was stupid this website is for moms to comunicate with each other on there experiances and how things worked out for them
    brittanyewheat

Answer by brittanyewheat at 9:13 AM on Apr. 17, 2010