Are Farmers Markets worth it?

The local farmers market is opening tomorrow morning. I've never been to one. Is it worth it to buy produce from them? I'd like to support local business!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's cheaper and taste much better then store bought fruits and veggis
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I LOVE our farmer's market. Definitely worth it.
    Anonymous

• Cheaper, tastes better, and a great learning experience for children..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• We like to go as well, sometimes you'll find things that might cost about the same. But I would much rather buy local, the taste is sooo worth it. Plus it's also a way to support the "little guy", we always try to shop at smaller family run type places rather then a chain store.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Is it always cheaper for in season produce? I hear a lot of people saying it's way too expensive since the farmers have to make everything themselves.
    Anonymous

• Our Farmer's Market is mostly locally grown but, if it is not local then is was grown in the state. It is always cheaper for us to use the Farmer's Market and to use the butcher for meat.
    Anonymous

• I wish we had one closer to us. We are going to pick strawberries tomorrow and I can't wait. The fruits and veggies taste much better.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yeah, it's worth it! Fresh, in-season produce that is locally grown? Absolutely worth the price!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's cheaper and yummier. In my city there are a few going on Monday-Saturday.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Most of the time it's locally grown, fresher and cheaper, but sometimes you'll see a vendor who obviously went to Costco and is selling their goods-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010