What could possibly be keeping my 10 month old awake at night?

She will go down at 8 ish, wake up in an hour crying, will not stop unless I pick her up or give her a bottle. She is now waking up 2 or more times a night. This has been going on for almost 2 wks. Took her to the dr. not her ears, I don't know what else to do. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be teething. but i know for my 10 almost 11 month old son, 8 is definatly to early for him to go to bed for the night. he goes to bed for the night at around 11 on a good night, and will sleep until anywhere from 8-10 the next morning. if i put him to bed at 8, he would be up for a bottle too. if his teeth hurt really bad, sometimes i cant get him to bed until 1am.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Teething, growth spurt, growing pains... My 3y/o DS still gets up in the middle of the night sometimes and he'll complain that his knees/legs hurt. Growing pains will for sure keep a kiddo up.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• op here, why is it then when I bring her down stairs w/ me she is fine as can be? Crying stops and is happy as can be. I just don't get it!
    Anonymous

• because she's not alone?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• she is experiencing separation anxiety, she probably stirs after you put her to bed and when she realizes no one is with her she gets scared. You could try some white noise, a fan or radio. She could also be teething or having a growth spurt, there is really no way of telling, but it will probably settle out soon enough. Oh instead of picking her up and bringing her downstairs with you, pat her back or rub her head and see if you can get her back to sleep that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Prime separation anxiety age! She is afraid to be alone in her crib.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I have tried rubbing her head, that is fine until I walk out, then she starts crying even harder. She has a radio and light in her room, I just don't understand because she does fine when I put her down for the night or for her nap. Its just at nightime, she will wake up w/ in an hour of going down crying. IDK anymore.
    Anonymous