does this happen to you too?

Ok so when I get my period, like the day or 2 before i will get really awesomely bad diarrhea, and when I fart, it smells like "period smell"... And then when my period is finally over again, i get diarrhea again for like 2 days...

when I am actually ON my period then, every time i fart, its the same period smell, and i actually pass period stuff thru my anus, or im like 90% i do. I had it checked by the doctor in case i had a small tear between the lining of the two, but i dont.... I have to wear a extra long pad,a dn then liners going up the back of my underwear... it really sucks...

does anyone have these issues? I want it to just go away :( its been going on for about 6 to 8 months, and i no longer have medical assistance to see a doctor about it, and im sorry its pathetic when u take ur laptop to the bathroom with you!! and that's what i do so i can keep working on my work lol... How can i fix this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Health

• I don't pass period stuff thru my anus...but I get the runs every time my period starts, and it lasts thru out.
    It does have a different smell than "regular" diarrhea, but I wouldn't say it resembles period smell.......

(Are you sure you don't just bleed so much it SEAMS like it is comming out your anus???)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• When I'm about to get my period I have really nasty poops. It's like everything in my body turns to mush.
    The first day or two of my actual period is usually really heavy and gross.

I know exactly what you mean about the farts smelling like period smells. Mine do the same thing.
    You probably aren't getting your period out of your bum. What's probably happening is that it's coming out of your vagina but creeping back towards your bum so then when you fart the air pushes the blood out of the way.

Have you tried using tampons?
    Anonymous

• I do the same this, its so embarressing lol. Totally normal though. Tampons work wonders...
    Anonymous

• OP here, I cant use tampons, i have heavy clots (thanks mom!!)(sorry dd!!)... I hate it...

To reply #2, i hadnt thought about the whole farts pushing it around, maybe thats just it lol...

I really thought i was just weird lol, thanks for the support!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Try dietary changes. For the two weeks before your period, eliminate meat and dairy; base your meals around fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes. You may also want to try a Chinese herb called Dong Kwai

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2010