Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My ex filed taxes. He owes back child support. He said his taxes were accepted, and he will get a refund. That he should expect a check in a few weeks. My question is is it a guarantee they will take out my back support first?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (1)
  • Same situation here if he owes back child support and his wages are being garnished then yes you will recive the back child support first. If his wages are not being garished and hes just paying you directly that leaves it up to him to pay you. You can always get a lawyer and file thru the child support office as well as the Attorney General. Thats what I had to do.

    Answer by raurismomma07 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.