Am I really a "jealous freak"?

I had to stay at my parents for a week while I was sick so that my mom could help with my daughter, since my husband refused to. My husband let out that he had been planning one night to go out to the bar the night he got fired. He also admitted he wasn't going to tell me if he had gone out to the bar. So I would have just thought he went home, but that night would have thought he was working. I don't think this is right, I dont do that to him, I don't go out to the bar without him because I know he wouldn't like it. Is he right, or am I right? Another thing is.. I'm still mad about him calling that. Because if its on him, I'm just a jealous freak, but if I did things would be so different to him. Should I bring it up again? It's been a few days and I'm still feeling pissed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• No you aren't a jealous freak! He's an ass.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Well he didnt lie I would be upset if he did. Do I think your a freak no. But he was having a bad day and went to the bar I dont see whats wrong with that.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• he is your husband and if you have issues with something he did you should talk to him about it. tell him why it made you mad. personaly if my dh was planning on going to the bar and lieing to me about it i would be upset. you should not lie to someone you are married to. and personaly id be mad if he was not willing to help when i was sick and had to go to my parents. and if he got fired.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• well, I think its sad that your husband cou;dn't help you when you were sick, but I don't know your situation either. Second my husband knows that I am not ok with him hanging out at the bar with his friends. As much as I trust him, just the fact that it looks bad for a married man to be at the bar with his guy friends. So, I would let him know taht it bothers you, and try and figure out why. Do you not trust him, is it because he's drinking? is it because it sets teh wrong impression? I wuld not come and yell at him, but come quietly and say that this really bothered you because...... The calmer you are about it the better he'll listen ard respect where you are coming from. The moment he feels like your lectyuring him thats the moment he'll stop listening because he feels disrespected.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• "I had to stay at my parents for a week while I was sick so that my mom could help with my daughter, since my husband refused to."
    This is why I said he's an ass. The fact that he started name calling really shows his immaturity. He also was planning to lie about going out to a bar alone. None of these are good behaviors of a married man.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Just let your husband go out to the bar for goodness sakes, as long as he isnt doing it a lot, he had a really bad day, give him a break. He probably wouldnt have wanted to tell you because he knew how you would react, and he didnt want to deal with it. People always wonder why there husbans arent honest with them, its becuase you are being unreasonable. And if Im getting this right he didnt even do it, he was just telling you he thought about it. I think you are way overreacting. And I dont know about the whole sick thing, but I know that when my husband has to work I take care of my kids when I am sick, dh has to go to work for our family. I dont know what the whole situation was, maybe there was more to it, but I definiltly think you are being a bit controlling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I was married once to a man like this he would tell me to go out too but I never felt comfortable bc we were married anyway long story short it didn't work out so now I am married to a real man who appreciates me for me n cares about my feelings that is the way it should be. gL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I think he told you that so you'd keep your rump home... he's using your jealousy against you I'd think.
    If he was serious about it, why tell you knowing next time you won't go because you're afraid he'll go out?
    I don't know what your health issue was/is but my hubby works out of town a lot, and works long hours when he is home and there's been times when I felt horrible but I still managed to get my older kid up and ready/to school, and handle my toddler all day. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a breeze for sure, I had to pull over to puke on the way, even puked in the parking lot of the school but it had to be done and I did it. I'm not trying to be mean, but, leaving the home like that in my opinion isn't the answer to start with and he's using you being a "jealous freak" against you. BTW, my hubby nor I have any business lying to each other or going to a bar without the other knowing/coming too. But your man didn't go..
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Whts good for the gander is good for the goos so I say go to the bar and let him see how it feels...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• If you just want to fight you could bring it up. I'd be more pissed that he got fired. Now THAT is something to bring up and where in the world is he going to work now to feed the family. That is what I'd be asking

Answer by admckenzie at 9:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2010