my lips keep cracking on the sides!

i drink lots of water! and i am on prenatals, but for some reason the sides of my lips keep splitting, and it burns to open my mouth to wide! i dont think i help because i lick it lol but when it heals i get it again.... and i dont have herpes lol what can i do to fix this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Health

• Try really hard to stop licking the sides. I know it's next to impossible because it just happens, but try to keep yourself aware of it so that you at least cut back.

Put a little polysporin on it. It will not only help heal it but it'll help stop you from licking it because it'll taste terrible.

Maybe cut back on your sodium intake as well.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Put chapstick or whatever lip moisturizer you use ALL over your lips including the corners. That happens to me when I'm not drinking enough water but you said you are. Oh and stop licking!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You have a magnesium deficiency. This happened to my husband and it went away as soon as he started taking a magnesium supplement.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• citrus can also do this as well .
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Put neosporin or petroleum jelly
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Put vitamin E on it; check with your doctor on a safe amount of magnesium to take.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• chapstick?
    Anonymous