Am I rightfully angry at my husband?

His fathers 50th was tonight, I left him at their party because dd was tired and it was getting time for her bedtime, I left at 730 pm. He told me he would be home at 830pm, that his aunt and uncle who live right next door would bring him home for me, he's only home on r&r so I thought "fine by me". It's flipping midnight now, is there not a huge difference between midnight and 830 and he is still not home and no phone call and his cell is broken. i called his fathers house his mother says he just left and our two good friends are bringing him home.. wtf can't he call and let me know... or be home on time for heavens sake?!

All4OneN1forAll

Asked by All4OneN1forAll at 12:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd let it go... at least you knew where he was and what he was doing. It would have been nice to get a call though.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I understand your frustration. However because its his fathers 50th Birthday I would really chill out on this one. Its not like he was at the bar and ended up home hours later than he said. this event was family and totally innocent. Let it go IMO. And this is coming from someone who gets just like you. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would let it go too,,,,this is not his normal behavior,,,allow him a good time once in awhile,,,and the boy was with family,,,that he will also soon be apart from,,,,it was your decision b/c of dd to leave the party,,you could have settled her down to sleep in a family members bed,,but you decided to go home with dd,.....and leave hubby behind,,,,thats not on him,,its on you,,,you left the family get together, he really needed the family get together,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• id let it go. but i always worry when my dh is not home on time. im always like oh no something bad has happened! and it never has. maybe he was just having fun and lost track of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would let it go too, but i do understand how you feel, but just let him have this one. Nothing good will come from being angry, but you might gain something from letting it go, and being sweet =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I'd be upset, too, if my dh hadn't called yet. However, I don't think it's something to fight over because it's his father's 50th birthday, he was in the company of family, he stayed there all night, and he basically wasn't doing anything wrong. Obviously, he should have called, but then again, he may have thought you'd already be in bed or didn't want to wake up your daughter or he just lost track of time. Sometimes, I tell my dh I'm going to the store and will be right back-I don't get back until almost an hour later because I run into so many people who know me through my family and we end up talking. It happens. I'd give him this one, though.
    HaydensMom178

Answer by HaydensMom178 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would let it go especially under the circumstances, I mean he was with his parents, how much trouble can he get in?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• "I understand your frustration. However because its his fathers 50th Birthday I would really chill out on this one. Its not like he was at the bar and ended up home hours later than he said. this event was family and totally innocent. Let it go IMO. And this is coming from someone who gets just like you. :) "

ditto this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Alright....I guess I'm the odd ball out....I'd be PISSED!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I'd be upset that he didn't call but the difference in you and me, is i'd have called there at say 9 to see if he'd already left because I'd have been afraid he was in an accident on the way home.
    Coming from a long line of "can't stop talking disease" tho I know that when you get around family/friends sometimes it's hard to get out of there and sometimes you lose track of time. He likely figured that since you knew where he was that you wouldn't have a problem with it.
    I hope you didn't explode on him when he got home... he should have called, no doubt, but it's not worth the fight.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2010