Can you get colon cancer from anal sex?

I really like it and would hate to give it up, but I am afraid is not healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Health

• i don't think cancer is the main concern as far as health goes. Doesn't it also mess up your muscles and you could lose bowel control? I have heard of people having to get reconstructive surgery because of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Cancer is not the main concern? I would rather shit myself than to have cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• lmao
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I don't think so
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Increased risk of anal cancer due to HPV

Most cases of anal cancer are related to infection with the human papilloma virus. The incidence of the disease has jumped 160% in men and 78% in women in the last thirty years, according to a 2004 American study. The increase is attributed to changing trends in sexual behavior and tobacco use. Current use of tobacco increased the incidence of anal cancer fourfold, while a history of multiple sex partners (fifteen or more) or receptive anal sex increased the incidence sevenfold

-Wikepedia
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Colon cancer is mostly attributed to a diet with meat and simple grains. Switch your diet to plant based with legumes, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• fkoloms - colon cancer and anal cancer are NOT the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• As HPV is comming more common, so is colon and recatal cancer. My suggesting is to ask for an anal exam when you get paps. I thought I might have symptoms of colon cancer (I have had anal sex) and I have had HPV cervically. Even if you do not have anal sex, if cervical cancer becomes invasive you can get colorectal cancer that way. HPV also leads to throat and esophogus cancer. Crazy, huh? Just be preventive & get checked annually. certain strains of HPV spread quick. not to scare you or anything.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• oh and there is colon, rectum, and anal cancer. All can be caused by this, but colon cancer is more common
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2010