Does anyone know if TRICARE will cover a vasectomy?

My husband and I can't ever get a live, English speaking person on the phone. I really hope they do, side effects of IUDs scare me and breastfeeding moms can't do hormonal types, so the big V would be perfect.

Asked by cassie_1337 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• Tricare Question? - Yahoo! Answers
    Does anyone know if Tricare covers a vasectomy? ... First of all, do you have Tricare Prime? (you will have a better chance of a civilian provider or ... -

Answer by vbruno at 2:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• if the person recieveing the vasectomy is the soldier then yes...but not without consultation after consultation...i believe they require the person to be at least 25 and have 2 children before they are a canidate....if the peoson recieveing it is a dependant then im pretty sure the same requirements are applied and it takes a lot more consults with the drs...but short answer is yes they will

Answer by ladiematrix at 2:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i got an iud 3 years ago and havent experianced any side effects...and havent gotten pregnant on it either....its a pretty effictave device and would reccomend it to annyone

Answer by ladiematrix at 2:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• TRICARE Online
    Provides general health information, and details about services and benefits. - 2k -

Answer by vbruno at 2:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2008