howdo you know when a guy is to clingy, or just really wants to get to know you?

I met this guy yesterday and he has been blowing my phone up all day today, between the txts n the phones calls I'm starting to get a little freaked out. He seems like a cool guy and all, but this is getting a little outta hand... I am looking for a relationship but as far as all this goes I'm not sure what I should do or if I'm just being to hard on him. He was really nice and fun to hang out with but whats going to far when you first meet someone? I dont want someone who is controlling and I'm a little sacred he is going to be that way. Am I in the wrong for thinking like this? should I tell him hes being a little crazy? or what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would run from this guy he meets you one day and the next day he is blowing up your phone. I met a guy like him and after a couple of dates I realized he had control issues. and it could also be he is way too excited either way watch him.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• if it makes you feel freaked out or weird it's too far. Either ignore all messages for the next 24 hrs or call him/ text him and say straight up - "you are too intense for only knowing each other for one day, it makes me feel weird. I need you to back up a bit and let me think, I like you, but I'm not enjoying the pressure "- If he is a decent guy he will apologize and back up, if not then he isn't someone you want to get involved with anyway.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• It's hard to know what to do because most women sit around wondering "does he like me, why hasn't he called/texted"? But I'm with the others, if it's already freaking you out or putting up red flags then it's too much. Is he questioning where you are, what you're doing? If he is, I'd definitely be running. If he's just making conversation, could be that he's just wanting to get to know you or know that he likes talking to you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• He does sound like he's coming on a bit too strong. Just tell him to back off a bit and see what happens. If he respects that and stops his obsession behavior then see where things go. If he reacts inappropriately, then tell him it's not working and move on.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I don't think it really matters how you label it, it boils down to he's making you uncomfortable. Whether that's clingy or just trying to get to know you, it's too much. I'd just tell him honestly that you're very uncomfortable and overwhelmed by all the texts and phone calls and that you need him to back off. If he does, then you can decide if you still want to get to know him or not, and if he doesn't, then you know that he has problems and you need to stay away from him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I can say from experience, run.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I can say from experience, run. don't jog..don't jump... don't skip... run for the hills and dont look back. trust me you will thank me and we wont see you on the 10 o'clock news.
    mimi210

Answer by mimi210 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010