15 months old

This is another potty training question...I know my son if pretty young to try to even start but would this be a good time to start if he is running to the corner to hide to go poop? Or he will squawt (sp?) to poop too. I don't know when he is peeing though...hasn't given a clear idea when he does that other than I go to change his diaper and he is wet. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think every baby is ready at their own time. If your little guy is showing signs of readiness give it a try! Good luck!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would give it a try.. get him some potty training books that are written for toddlers and read them to him, and let him know that if he ahs to go pee or poop, to find you. Also, a small reward is a great incentive. My daughter received 2 MnMs for peeing and 4 for crapping. She doesnt need the MnMs now, but we are not fully trained yet either.

Keep in mind that moving, adding or taking away to/from the family or any other big changes about to happen in the next 6 to 9 months can affect his progress... My dd goes fine here and at daycare, but at daddy's she is still in diapers 24/7 (or so her diaper rash monday nights tell me lol)
    bananaapplepie

Answer by bananaapplepie at 3:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• go to walmart they have a sesame street potty training dvd. its 9 dollars.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 4:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I still say wait til she's two years old. And then do the books And movies and rewards. she should understand where to go potty better, and the rewards would mean more to her.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• but if you think shes ready then go for it. but start with pee first. Then go to poo. okay Im done know'
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I have actually been doing a little research into this. There are a lot of different methods. One of the methods I came across recommends taking them to the potty when they have to go poop. In general kids poop and pee at the same time most of the time. I would take him to the potty when he has to go. If you can get pop and pee in the potty at the same time and you act super excited then he will be excited to do it again. I wish you luck. We are going into full blown potty training on Monday and I am so excited.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• yeah, potty training is a good idea. he already is demonstrating the independent skills needed to go potty. so good luck.
    mimi210

Answer by mimi210 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2010