How can I get him to go to bed without a bottle!!??

I know I messed up by starting this but my 14 month old WILL NOT go to sleep unless he gets a bottle. Should I just let him cry until he falls asleep?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just went through this with my 2 1/2 yr old.   There were some very nice and supportive ladies who helped me .    : ) http://www.cafemom.com/answers/393083/No_bashing_please_Did_you_wean_your_child_from_the_bottle_later_than_1_year_I_need_some_advice?cat_id=&next=1#r_foot

Good luck.  You can do it! 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Thank you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You might want to give him a sippy cup , by know anyways. Other wise give him a bottle 45 minutes before bed. in his pjs and when he's out put him to bed. but don't have him bring his sippy cup to bed with him, just have him drink from his sippy cup 40 minutes before bed. . good luck.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• He drinks from a sippy cup during the day. The only time he has a bottle is bedtime and nap time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You can try putting less and less of what ever you put in the cup or switch to water and decrease the number of ounces you put in it every few nights. At this point it is just for security. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Yep. He will get over it in a couple days, that's all it took with my son. Out of sight, out of mind. It's funny how quick they forget about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• let him scram it out, it can be heart breaking but thats how i did it with my son
    Anonymous

• Let him cry it out, thats what we did!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• try a sippy cup
    mimi210

Answer by mimi210 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2010