Breastfeeding question. HELP

ok so i am having to pump and bottle feed baby (medical reasons) ANYWAYS i can get 4oz from one side everytime i pump but only get around 1oz on the other side. I am pumping right around every 2-3 hours depending on when i get a chance around babys schedule. should i b concerned?? I would like to keep my milk up in hopes to bf for 1 year +

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you're worried call your dr. or lactation specialist. I bf for over a year and I know one produced more than the other but I don't know the ratio. I only pumped maybe a hand full of times the whole time i bf.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 6:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• i don't have an answer for you, sorry. www.kellymom.com is a great resource as is www.lli.org
    my guess would be to keep up the great work! you are a super mom!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Normal pumping outbut is 1/2 to 2 oz total, from both breasts combined. So getting 1 oz from one side is fine, and 5 oz total is great. And getting more from one side is normal.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I had a hard time to pump. It took me for ever to get 2 oz... Call the doc if your worried...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• It can take a while to get both sides poring properly so to speak. One side may just be a bit lazy is all. just keep up what your doing, make sure to pump what you are getting then pump an extra 5 min to increase supply. And again, ifyour concerned, call your doc!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Are you alternating the breast that you start on? Like, start pumping on the RIGHT fbreast or 5 minutes, then pump the left breast for 20 minutes. Hours later, start pumping on the LEFT breast for 5 minutes, and pump the right breast for 20 minutes.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• 3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010