feeding your kids

My kids just woke up and don't want any of the cereal that is already open, I told them fine, your not hungry I guess.
Am I right if they don't eat what I provide than the can wait til lunch, my kids are just spoiled and are lucky to have an abundance of food in our well stocked cupboards and pantry right!! Or am I being a giant doo doo head that is being mean because she has a back ache

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 10:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Cereal??? Maybe the are sick of that..Scramble up some eggs, make some pancakes, cut up some fruit. Cereal is so full of sugar and artificial ingredients, give them some whole foods.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 10:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• it is whole grain cereal with no added sugar and I am working right now and can't get up and help them
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• No you're not. Kids always want what they can't have. I think it's a good lesson to teach them to finish the ones they've started before going on to a new one. That's a great way to end up with five boxes of stale cereal in your well stocked pantry! Pretty soon you'll just be well stocked in stale stiff o's! I'd let them have yogurt or some other healthy snack sort of thing in a little while, but I don't blame you for sticking to your guns about not opening a new box.

Besides, they also need to know that what you say goes. I think it's fine parenting.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Sounds right to me! Regardless of what KIND of cereal it is. They are not going to starve I am sure of it.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 12:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• lol.. my kids beg to have cereal!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• My DH's sister (9) had to stay with us for six months. She begged for a certain cereal and didn't eat it. This happened with few other foods. Next trip for groceries she asked for something different (same type food) I reminded her of everything she still had! She was unhappy but ate the other stuff first. I think so many children are wasteful now. But there are other options for them if they can operate a microwave! My boys rarely eat cereal!Some days I wish they would! Lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2010