post partum bleeding? My period? Should I call the doctor?

My baby is 11 weeks old and I think I've had 3 periods since he was born. I exclusively breastfeed and he's my 3rd baby, I didn't get my period back for 8 and 10 months with the other two. But it's weird it's like I'll bleed lightly for 2 days, then nothing for a week or two, then I'll bleed again. It's nothing heavy, but really annoying. Since it's now started yet again I was thinking I should call the doctor Monday, but I don't know, what could they possibly do for me?

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine did that too.... but if your worried call your doc... GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• How long did it go on for? I bled (very lightly for most of it) for 10 weeks with my first, they did an ultrasound to check for any peices of the placenta left in there or anything, but they found nothing and it eventually stopped. But this time it's been weird, off and on since he was a week old and long gaps in between that made it seem more like a period. I might give it a few more weeks and chart my temperatures to see what that looks like.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• It could be your uterus still contracting down to its normal size. Since your BF it causes your uterus to have contractions. I BF exclusively and I had spotting and contractions for about 6 weeks post partum. Then it completely stopped. You should call ur Dr. to rule out anything else that may be going on.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2010