You gotta be F*cking kidding me!!?!?!

Ok so I went to the hospital for a kidney infection I knew what it was before I even got there) Anywyas they gave me some IV antibiotics and then some pills and sent me on my way. I opened my hospital bill and it was over $2,000!!! WTF!!?!? I just recently lost my health insurance..... I'm just in shock...

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh and I forgot to add, they ran all these unnecessary test, what is up with healthcare in the US, they are so greedy
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I wonder where you got your medical degree from. Maybe they thought it was more than an infection and that's why they did the tests.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Ummm why so rude QQ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• At least you got care. The last time I took my husband to the ER for a back problem they wanted to just give him a pill and send him on his way without even seeing a doctor. He couldn't even stand up from the pain. They took him to a little room that is not even in the ER and sent a PA to see him. They said they would give him one pill and send him on his way. I am sure they thought he was just an addict seeking a fix! But I had his medical records with me because he had a history of back problems, and I had several bottles of pain pills because he hates to take them. I threw a fit and told them we are not going anywhere until he is seen by a doctor and has x-rays. As soon as they wheeled him into the ER 3 hours later the doctor took one look at him and said "get this man some IV meds quick he has a serious problem!" It turned out that he has 3 herniated disks.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• do you know that many hospitals have a place for financial assistance. the hospital I had my daughter at will help pay the bills as long as you make less than 88,500.00/year. it was good because she was born at 30 weeks and had to stay in the NICU for 33 days and I was in the high risk part of the hospital 2 days prior to her birth which ended up being a emergency C-section...needless to say we racked up a TON of hospital bills...if it was for the hospital's charity we'd be having a tough time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Next time go to an urgent care clinic it will be cheaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I went to school and I've had a kidney infection before, but thatnks for being a smartass Sara P1989
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• lol at OP for calling sara a smartass i agree that was kinda rude but at the same time they do need to run extra tests SOMETIMES just to rule out other things. but if u have had them before then u also know what u r talkin about. like said above go to the urgent care centers instead they dont cost as much or take as long. i have frequent strep throat every year so when i go to the docs i always tell them that i get it frequently and thats what i think it is, and they usually just test for that first and do others if the first was negative! so if u must, insist that they do what u ask FIRST and then try other things if u were wrong.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• But you don't have a medical degree. Doctors do know what they're doing sometimes. I get strep throat about two times a year and I'm always sure that's what it is. However, the last time I thought I had it it was something else. You don't know everything.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Oh yeah, without insurance the ER will KILL YOU. I see the breakdown of my ER bills before insurance for a 2 hour visit, IV fluids, and zofran. It's INSANE!

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010