Mothers day...

Would you be upset...I always go out of my way to get my Mom a great gift, some flowers, maybe go out to lunch for Mother's Day, and she is always thankful. But it bothers me a bit because she has never once said Happy Mothers Day to me or got me a card or anything. Am I being oversensitive, I just feel like Okay I'm a Mom too give me a little acknowledgment(sp/)..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like my mother! It's always been all about her. At this point in your lives you SHOULD be friends and "equals." Unfortunately some moms (mine in particular) never learn how to "share the spotlight!" Keep the peace by doing what you've been doing, and don't expect anything more. Enjoy YOUR Mother's Day with YOUR family--I'm sure they love and appreciate all you do for them! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• The acknowledge you need should come from your kids because you are their mother.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• u r not her mother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I said to my mom jokingly what are you getting me for mothers day and she said I was not her mother so nothing. I said wow you could at least say Happy mothers day. she said why? So I understand you.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• If she has always done this.......... then that is who she is. Just stop expecting anything from her.... your not going to get it.

AND....

Make sure you are giving from the heart.... not just to receive.

Anonymous