Brown discharge but never real bleeding during period?

My daughter is 15 months old, I did not get a period for almost 8 months after having her. Than I started getting it monthly and it was long and heavy. Now for the past three months it has been brown slimy first than red. Than this time for the past four days it was only brown and red maybe twice when wiped, never any red on the pad. I had endometrosis and had lap to have it removed before being pregnant and never really had normal periods but never brown. Any one had this or any ideas of why it could be... I'm trying to get in to my doctor...

CocoB22

Asked by CocoB22 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Health

• brown is old blood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I know that its old blood but normally than you would have a normal period also... right?
    CocoB22

Answer by CocoB22 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I don't really have any advise for you. Bcuz I have the same problem, I thought maybe it was my birth control but don't have the money to go to the dr and get it checked out. It has been happening since about 2 mths after I had my son, he's 10mths now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I hate to state the obvious and I am not intending rudness but you need to see the gyno to get peace of mind . Other moms can only offer opinions , It maybe be perfectly fine or there may be an issue that needs to be medicaly adressed
    Get it checked out for your healths sake :)
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Do you ever have a nose bleed and after it's done, later your boogers are nothing but dried blood and looks kinda black or brown? It's because it's old and dry. Same thing with the brown discharge. It's just old dry blood.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2010