Hardwood floor mop ???

When we moved into our house we installed solid hardwood maple floors. I am still searching for the best mop to clean it. I was told to use something with a soft cloth so that it doesn't scratch. Do you have a favorite hardwood floor mop you can recommend?

Cafe Chastity

Asked by Cafe Chastity at 10:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Whatever you use, make sure to not use too much water on it. If a real wood floor gets too wet it might be prone to cracks. A dust mop might work best (like Swiffer) for every day cleaning, and Swiffer Wet Jet is awesome too for weekly or monthly deep cleaning. You don't want to use too many chemicals (especially bleach!) on the floor. If you use too many chemicals the finish might wear down faster, and it's a royal bitch to sand down and refinish wood floors. When you use liquid to clean, just use however much you need, don't dump water all over the floor. It's a little bit more work to take care of hardwood but it's worth it :)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• We too have hardwood floors throughout our home, and I LOVE my Swiffer Wet Jet! :o) They have a wood floor cleaner solution which I use on a regular basis, and as needed, and I use Murphy's Oil Soap floor cleaner and polish with a dry Swiffer pad for a deep cleaning/polish.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I just use a rag mop & Murphy's Oil Soap. I also vaccuum mine.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I Have a steam mop...(I also have all hardwood in my house)...it cleans, doesnt streak, and leaves NO water residue. It also uses no chemicals.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 9:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I really like my Libermann mop. You can wring it out pretty well so its not sopping wet.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 11:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2010