do you ever want to have a break, just need to be by yourself , but can't?

I do, I know it will pass *&* these days come & go. But as I gripe at times I can't help but think how nice it would be to have a BIG family of many you trust with your children.That must be so rewarding, I am so envious of that. I love my kids & wouldn't want to ever have to live without them, but I'm sure even, "The Super Mom ", needs the occasional , "Me Time," yes?

Stefono

Asked by Stefono at 11:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honey I know how you feel! I have 2 kids that drive me insane. I need time to myself alot. My parents call themself grandparents but rarely want to babysit or any thing! So my kids are with me 24-7.Blah! I can't enjoy life or what so ever due to this. I hate to say this but I love my kids dearly but I will be so glad when they get older and I can go out and do things myself.
    alisha34

Answer by alisha34 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I know what you mean! My parents will help out occasionally but they are enjoying both me and my brother finally being grown up and its like they are having a second honeymoon or teenage years; always going out to bars, restaurants, live music, the beach..I ask if they will take the kids and they are always like well we are doing so and so..I have had really bad days when I would daydream of just jumping in my car and driving forever and getting a hotel room and just sleeping or taking a long hot bath w/ no interruptions.* Then I would snap out of it and keep going with my house work etc..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• all the time!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Absolutely. I feel the same way. I desperately need time to myself. Sometimes I feel pushed to my limit. I love my family and I value all the time I spend with them but I need quiet personal time for just myself to regroup, chill out and forget about meeting everyone's needs for awhile. Hubby and I have many friends who have family members waiting on the opportunity to keep their kids. Growing up, my sister and I practically lived with our grandparents on weekends. Our parents have never been that way and likely never will be. Our circumstances at the time have put alot of pressure on us too, which have really magnified the demands. My husband had a job loss and we are now a one-vehicle family. Can you say no alone time? Yikes.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Have SO watch them and go take a bath.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 11:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• i always want to be by myself bc i NEVER get to. the only time i get alone is when im at work, how fair is that? DH comes and goes as he plaeses between friends and work and whatever but i am here all day everyday stuck in the country bored to tears.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I met a mom through a play group and after knowing each other for a while we decided to do a babysitting trade. On Mondays I had her boys for a number of hours in the morning.... then on Fridays she had my two for a couple hours in the morning. I was GREAT!!

If you dont have family around, I would suggest trying something like that.

Anonymous

• That is why we moved 1600 miles to be near enough to family to have them take the kids sometimes. It's a huge God send HUGE.

I was just miserable before we were here. Sometimes when I go weeks without seeing family I get really frustrated with my little loves, but eventually something works out, even if only ONE kid goes... It's a huge relief.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 12:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I have one right now! Hubby is gone to pick up parts for his truck about 2 hours away. Kids are with grandma and she is taking them to Wild Adventures and I am supposed to be doing school work! I really need to get off here and do it. It's not often so I take it when I can.
    chrissi0103

Answer by chrissi0103 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2010