I am a read head and wanted some ideas on what color I should dye my hair..

I kinda want to change up my hair. I thought about just doing highlights, but now i think i want something a little more. Let me know what you think ladies.

atjm0919

Asked by atjm0919 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Red hair is really hard to dye. It doesn't accept the color very well and it is hard to strip of color if you want highlights. It can turn orange and weird colors of yellow. I would make sure no matter what color you decide to go with you have the salon do a sample from your hair. I would also never dye it yourself, red hair is just to unpredictable.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Red is really in right now, but like prev. poster said, its difficult to maintain.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• As a natural red head, I can't understand wanting to change the color lol. I love my hair and how different it makes me from everyone else, but that's just me LOL.
    If you really want to dye it, be prepared to spend some money. Red hair does not take color well, so the natural color has to first be stripped. If this is done wrong then your hair can turn out orangey and/or very damaged, so you really need to find a professional and spend the money to have it done right.
    I would not go blond. If you are a natural red head with the paler complexion, then blond will just wash you out and make you look too pale. Go with a medium brown or even a darker red (like a deep auburn).
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 7:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010