Do you agree with this statement?

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration. "

Or do you think the person who said it is a racist tea party wacko?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with Hillary on this.  Funny how Tea Partiers could hold a sign up at a rally with this exact quote~ and the likes of Huffington Post or MSNBC would twist it to be racist...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Hilary Clinton said this and this may be the ONLY thing I agree with her on. :)
    Anonymous

• I agree with this statement.  I would also add:

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're racist. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration. "

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I do... As an American I believe 100% that you fight for what you believe in - UNLESS that belief limits the freedom of others. For me, I fight for FREEDOM - the real thing, not what we have now!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I do agree with it. I don't agree with 99% of what republicans stand for, but it's because I'm patriotic to my country, and want equality for ALL.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Yes, I agree with Hillary on this. I wonder if she still stands by what she said, or does it only apply to a pub Pres?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• NightPheonix, how is it equality for all if it comes at the expense and labor of some? Everyone in this nation has opportunity. It the personal choices one makes and the responsibility they accept that determines how far they go.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• NightPhoenix if you want equality for all, then you would be ok with a flat tax?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Who said they are all racist?

Are you denying that there aren't any underlying racial tensions??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Who said they are all racist?

I never used the word all... Neither one of us can prove that those with racist and hateful signs were either Real or Plants... Not denying, but also no confirming...With people like the'crashtheteaparty" leader, Levin out there, it's possible they were plants.... Still waiting for that video to show DC politicans were being called racist slurs as they walked in to vote... With all the videos, camera phones, blogs, etc in 2010... Not one footage....  Interesting...I have been to 4 tea parties, 4 cities. No racism. How many have you been to?

AP Admits Rep. Heath Shuler Did Not Hear Tea Party Racial Slurs...After WSJ Writer Investigates

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010