are there times where u make your kids entertain themselves when all the way to do is play with you?

like today my 5yr old and 2 year old are competing with who can sit in my lap the longest and i got off work at 10:30 last night and am still somewhat tired today, i have a headache and all i really wanna do is have an ADULT conversation (since my hubby has chosen to spend all his time off work with his friends) with the ladies of cafemom. DD,5, is begging me to play hide n seek but i just dont have it in me! i know DS,2, should be working on his words and counting (he doesnt talk), i really dont feel like it. I cant remember the last time ive had a sitter (or DH for that matter) to give me anytime to think for myself and im really just about to explode. so i have put all their toys and crayons and books on our screened in porch and i opened the front door so i can lounge on the couch and play with yall while they can come and go in and out as they please. i am not feeling very "super-mom" today! they also had pbnJ for lunch!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• MY DD really likes independent play, and will do it often anyway. She has a lot to entertain her around here, hehe.

Anonymous

• Absolutely! I am raising independent kids. They like to play with me, but are fine playing alone or together.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• There's no reason for you to be playing with them at all when they have a sibling to play with.
    Anonymous