ASAP Answer PLEASE! Should I apply for the Cash Assistance while I'm going to recieve Child Suppot?

I just filed my case and will be getting $380 for my 2 children per month, will it help with the cash assistance as I am unemployed after leaving a bad relationship. I myself, think I'll recive more even if i only get the 2oo for the support plus the cash assistance..Would this be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• You get one or the other, not both. They give you a choice when you sign up for state aid (FS, Medicaid, CS)
    Anonymous

• Im not sure what state you are in but there is rules.You have to have a child under a year to not have a job utherwise u will be forced to look for work in order to get the money.ALso in my state if the parents are not together cash assistance comes from child support or he will have to pay it back.
    Anonymous

• You wont qualify. If you make over 200 a month in any income you won't get cash assistance.
    Anonymous

• you can't receive cash assistance and child support at the same time. If you get cash assistance, the state goes after dad for child support which gets reimbursed to the state, you won't get to see that money. If you're already getting child support, you won't qualify for cash assistance because child support counts as income.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Where I live u can get child support and assistance. But after a while they will take part of your child support because u will have to pay it back.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2010