Any theories ? Why does a man ignore the problems in the marriage til you just dont give a damn ?

Ive told my husband for monthes now I am not happy , I am tired of comming last , I am tired of his putting the family last , I am tired of hearing him appologys for the same behaviors he knows hurt me, I am tired of our lack of communication . Now I am done caring . I dont love him or want to be with him or talk to him. I will stay with him cause its tolerable and he is a good parent ,
but I dont care about trying to have a relationship with him ,
NOW he sees our marriage is in trouble NOW he is butthurt that I dont fall for his tardy attempts at time and affection , NOW that he is unhappy we should work on the marriage ! To bad I dont care I just dont care
Why is it a marriage is only in trouble when the man is unhappy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I understand been with my bf for 4 years and things are getting that way...i wish the best for you!!!
    Anonymous

• god girl we got loads in common! my story would take hours to explain, but were in the same boat!
    upallnitescrapn

Answer by upallnitescrapn at 1:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• It pisses me off that now he is all hurt !! well boo hoo dude I have cried oceans
    Anonymous

• wow i feel the same way. you talk and talk and talk to a man but as long as they are satisfied with the way things are then thats all that matters. i told mine that i would actually like to have an orgasm during sex and he tells me i should learn how! like i have control of his 5 minute orgasm lmao. i tell him that im unhappy with being stuck in the house while he gets to hang out whenever he wants and he doesnt care. so yes i think you are doing what we all should be doing and stop caring if they are happy or comfortable! im about to start doing whatever pleases me and if it inconveniences him the oh the hell well!
    Anonymous

• That is what I am doing just living my life like he hasbeen doing all along I am not fighting with him or breaking up the kids home but Im done with the loving marriage Idea , I am cried out and done putting in effort to no avail . Oh yes he is so hurt that I dont want to hop in the hay , If i get an itch I might let him scratch it Sex for selfish reasons well that would be nothing new to him .
    I am at peace with it , He wants to care about the marriage now. Now that it is and issue for him! sooo typical too little to late
    Anonymous

• This is so true!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• aww on the one hand it feels good to know I am not alone but I am sad that it has happened to yall as well
    Anonymous

• Honey, I know exactly what you are talking about. I have been married coming up on 8 years in May and it wasn't until January of this year that I had come to the point, where I HAD IT!!!! I don't care anymore, what the crap he does or don't do. I have tried so hard to make this thing work, and he has acted up until January like he didn't give a sh*t. Now that I don't seem to really care anymore, he is being all nice and sweet and trying to work things out with me. I just told him today, I don't kiss him or want to hold his hand any more not because he repulses me, but because I don't want to lead him on, thinking things are going to be fine, between us. I said I will give it a year and we will see, depending what HIS effort is in our relationship, because I am tired of bending over backwards for him and him doing squat about it.
    Anonymous

• yes 56 no one can accuse me not trying we are on 5 years and I still am putting the kids needs above my desire to Run out the door , I agree I dont want him touching me at all , It is in his hands but honestly I can't see him turning it around
    Anonymous

• Men love competition. Tell him if he won't give you time and attention that you will find someone who will. I bet that gets his attention

Answer by admckenzie at 4:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010