Sick baby! please help!

My DD is 2 months (5 way from being 3 mos) and I think she has cought the sinus bug that me and my husband have, we cant give her anything becuse everything is 3 mons and up, so far we have been using a cool mist vaporizor and vicks baby rub, we try and let her sleep but she keeps waking up crying /screaming. I know this might be a stupid request but someone help, how do I make her feel better?

Nerdymama

Asked by Nerdymama at 1:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It might help the congestion to let her sleep in a sitting or semi-reclined position. An infant carrier or swing would work, or you can put cinder blocks or something under one side of the crib to tilt it up.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• try taking her in the bathroom w/ you and just run hot water in the shower to where it gets steamy in there. That may help. good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• try a humidifier and call your child's doctor for more information
    Anonymous

• one thing is don't lay her on her back to sleep, keep her proped, maybe in a swing or carseat. keep doing the vapor, but also get in a hot steamy shower and jsut sit with her in the steam that helps clear things out. Don't oversuction her, that can hurt just as bad as the infection. And call your ped, she may want to put baby on antibiotics
    Anonymous